little banner ad and link to help promote this site:
1. Why is it that some of the text in your site is illegible?
2. Why is your page so lame?
I'm not answering that.
3. How do I subscribe to your feed/ podcast?
3.a. using iTunes:
if you're wary of launching an external application from your browser, you can also add me to your iTunes podcast list manually:
1. click on "Podcasts" in your iTunes "Source" list (leftmost bar), and then go to the podcast directory (the link is on the lower left). it'll open to the podcasts page of the iTunes Music Store.
2. type "misadventures in taiwan" in the "search all podcasts" field. ( click on photo below for full-sized version.)
3. click "subscribe". ( click on photo below for full-sized version.)
3.b. using other podcatchers:
1. Download a podcatcher/ podcast grabber (i made that up)/ podcast receiver/ pocast aggregator. Lots to choose from here.
A. Podcatchers for Windows (I use )
B. Podcatchers for Mac
3. Hit "subscribe", and then "check for new podcasts". (Actual wording of commands may vary depending on which podcatcher you're using.)
4. To manually download my podcast audio mp3s per blog entry post, look for an icon that looks like this or a link that says "listen"/ "download"/ "get podcast here".
4. What is a podcast? How do I make one?
This is a good page to get you started. It's got diagrams and stuff.
For Blogger users
5. Why do the blue boxes containing links on the left and right side of your page look so big and cover up your main text?what went wrong
I have seen this happen only in Internet Explorer 6.0 with the View Text settings set to "Largest" or "Large. Please make your settings "Medium" and it should be okay. I know this is inexcusable, but I'm not so good with css positioning as of now.
6. Why are there ugly scrollbars on the blue boxes, then?what went wrong
Sigh, I didn't know how to combat #4, so as a temporary fix I set my overflow to "auto" (overflow:auto) so my boxes won't grow together with my text when View is "Largest" in IE 6.0. I'm going to find a better solution soon.
7. Blah blah blah?
I'll answer that as soon as I can.